OUR COVID POLICY
What we’re doing to keep our guests and team safe
It should go without saying that here at The Silver Birch we appreciate you. We are endeavouring to keep you as safe as possible by following government guidelines, and we want to ensure you have an enjoyable time with us too. This means that if you are thinking of booking with us, there are some things you should be aware of.
Due to the timing of our restaurant launch, we were able to design the space, the menus and the experience with safety and Covid-19 specific risk assessments in mind. These include, but are not limited to:
- Our tables and chairs are well spaced out, and we’ve added screens in between them.
- Our menu is designed to facilitate a small team in the kitchen.
- Exceptional cleaning regimes, particularly for hand-contact surfaces and in the toilet areas, using chemicals which are effective against viruses.
- Our team has been trained in the COVID secure measures and risk assessments we have implemented. This will be reinforced daily at team meetings.
- Our team is provided with PPE both for the workplace and for the journey to and from work.
- Team members are required to sanitise their hands at least every 20 minutes.
- We’re taking a simple approach to service. Still attentive and there when you need it, but requiring fewer, shorter visits to the table and of course, the team are all wearing masks.
- When making reservations we may remind you of the current Government guidance allowing one household per table (unless you are meeting for business).
- We’ll ask you to sanitise your hands on arrival and provide sanitiser throughout the restaurant.
- Paper menus are recycled after use and we’re offering a QR code alternative to view the menu on your phone as well. Where possible we will ask that you make payment via contactless methods.
- The restaurant will be professionally cleaned each morning.
- Tables and chairs will be sanitised between each visit and all cutlery and glassware will be deep cleaned at the beginning and end of every day.
We will be constantly monitoring the latest guidance and updating our measures. If you have any questions, concerns or requests during your visit, please don’t hesitate to call or email and we’d be delighted to help.